Monday, June 7, 2010

Kinda worried :)

So, I do not know what is wrong with my brain!! Tonight Seth and I took the girls grocery shopping, we used two buggies as usual and he pushed Neela around in his and filled his buggy with mostly items from the list and items for Thursday night (dinner with our friends Zach and Emily and Kye). So what did I fill mine with?? I am still not even sure. We got to the checkout line and I had a basically empty cart, the only thing in it was lemon heads (which I don't eat and never have eaten), and not really anything else!! We usually kinda separate in the store and are very efficient at "getting the job done", NOT this time!! We got to the checkout and Seth was beyond belief mad at me for one he said that he told me that he was going to the checkout and that I said "okay be there in a minute" and then TEN minutes later come wandering up. lol!! And then he looks at my silly cart with only lemon heads! I just keep thinking back to the store with me pushing Stevie along in the buggy and wondering what on earth we were doing and what we were talking about!! It's like when you are driving down a road that you know really well and then suddenly you start thinking, wait did I stop at that stop sign...how did I even get here, how was I driving I don't remember that (this happens to other people too, right?) I didn't eat that much for lunch today, so I may have just been weird from that, b/c it was around dinner time that we were in the store, but I didn't really feel all that hungry? I am just so confused on what I did for an hour of my time in the grocery store.
Then to make it worse, tonight we get home and decide to make chocolate chip cookies so I preheat the oven (back story our oven's thermostat is off and is doubled in temp so if something is to be cooked at 200 degrees you have to set our oven to 100 degrees), well I turn on the oven to pre-heat it and turn it to 450 degrees, which is really 900 degrees!!!!!! Oh my what is wrong with me!!
Hopefully I just had an off day! I mean I am kinda dingy a lot, but this is just terrible and kinda scary, ya know? lol :)

1 comment:

  1. Crissy, you don't know me - I'm Rachael's mom. When stuff like that happens to me, I can blame that kind of "spaced out" behavior on a lot of things at my age. In fact, my favorite excuse is that this is no different than how I've always been - I was spacing out in my 20's; I'm spacing out now in my 50's. So, what's new?

    Just do be careful with that driving down the road thing. It's easy to be thinking so hard about other things that you're not really "seeing" the road in front of you and the next thing you know, you're 10 miles down the road and you've missed your turn. (That is really easier to do when you have a best friend in the car with you and you are just yacking away - then when you realize you're lost, it's not so bad because when you're with your best friend, the journey is more fun than arriving at the actual destination, and you can laugh about it with them later.)

    ReplyDelete