Monday, May 31, 2010

Mini "vacation"

My parents went out of town (they own an RV) camping and gave us permission to stay out at their house with free pool rights :) Seth kept calling it our "condo" haha! It really was a lot of fun and we got to enjoy the pool a whole, whole bunch! We even got to swim while the girls napped, that was the funnest part :) The girls loved the pool. I think Stevie could actually swim if she could get over her fear a little bit more. She "gets" the concept of kicking her feet and moving her arms. She HATES floaties and absolutely refuses to wear them. We tried ignoring her and thought that after a while she would just forget about it, but nope, not this girl!! She didn't mind wearing the bathing suit with the built in vest, but I didn't think it really held her up all that well and I was still holding her the whole time. She thinks that she can swim though, she will push off the steps and leap out to swim, it's really pretty funny. You have to watch her like a hawk. Neela is pretty content on just sitting in the float and soaking up the sun. She is a very happy baby in the pool. We even woke her up from her morning nap, and stuck her straight in the pool and she was all smiles and kicking and splashing around. I don't even think that I would be that happy with being woke up like that! We unfortunately did not get much pictures, because it kinda took all our effort to just prevent them from not going crazy in the pool. We are both still nervous with them around water. I would love to do swimming lessons with them. I think it is a life long survival skill that is totally worth the time and effort. I was super old before I could swim (like 11) and still am not all that great of a swimmer (especially with a big 'ol pregnant belly weighing me down, haha).

No comments:

Post a Comment