Thursday, May 27, 2010

Swimming (Megow house style)

Lately it has been so HOTT! We living walking distance from a really nice park, but almost every time we go there, the girls get so hot and start saying, "I hot, I hot". Even the swings are so hot that I have to put a blanket underneath them for them to swing on them (pretty much the only time that it is convenient that my girls carry around "blankies" haha. The slides are also way too hot to slide down. So here lately most days we hit up our own back yard for some shade (it is mostly ALL shade back there) and some water. I love this pool because it is the hard plastic kind so Neela can prop up against it without it tipping over, but it is big enough for the girls to have a lot of room in it. I debated (for a ridiculously long time) at Wal-Mart on rather or not to get this one or the one that had the build in slide with it. The built in slide took up so much of the room for sitting in it, so I opted for this one and just moved the girls slide from their room outside to slide down into the pool. They LOVE it!! Neela can climb up the slide all by herself, she usually just sits up at the top and claps her hands and smiles and waves and whatever else a 10 month old can come up with to do. She still needs some assistance to actually slide down the slide, but she is pretty entertained either way. So while they play/swim I can soak up some rays and take some cute pics :) I don't take very many, b/c I don't want to be too distracted and something happen. They are both still very young and the water still scares me a little even though it is a baby pool, I am always "on guard"!!

Daddy had a Pirate Party to host, all girls LOVE him in this costume for some reason, I guess us girls have a thing for Pirates or something? Here is Neela telling him, "bye bye" before he leaves

Neela hanging up at the top like usual :) Stevie kept wanting to fill up "baby's bowl" with water using a pitcher, but "baby" didn't really like the fact that Sissy had to hold onto the bowl to fill it up, it is pretty comical trying to ration out their actions to each other, I am not the best mediator for a 10 month old and a 26 month old :)

She kept wanting to play with this rag for some reason, she's so silly
My first collage I have ever made!! Look at those cheekies!!

We are going to my parents this weekend to swim in their pool, it is an in ground pool, so they can actually "swim", while it is bigger and fun, they are not quite as easy to watch in that one, hee hee.

No comments:

Post a Comment